To love, help and support addicts unconditionally, whether they are using or not using, wherever they are on their journey, to connect.
All of our counsellors are trained with at least a first degree and diploma in counselling/therapy, so they are qualified, experienced and accredited by the British Psychological Society, the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy or the Complementary Medical Association. This is our guarantee of high quality online live counselling you can trust.
You will be assigned your own specialist counsellor based on the full initial assessment you complete before your first session to ensure that they meet all your requirements. You will schedule your weekly online live one-on-one zoom session time when you book your place on the programme. Our counsellors work online 9.00am to 9.00pm Mondays to Sunday to ensure a convenient time to meet with you every week.
Our Counselling Methodology
There are many different approaches to counselling and we appreciate it can be somewhat of a minefield to know which one is right for you. Sometimes counsellors, or other online counselling agencies, don’t explain what their counselling methodology is and their methods can be vastly different and even inappropriate in some cases. But how would you know?
Freudian and Jungian therapists believe issues arise from our childhood and upbringing and these may lay dormant in our subconscious for years before requiring therapy which may also take years! The Humanistic Integrative Approach believes the quality of the therapeutic relationship, rather than any one particular theoretical orientation, is the most important aspect of therapeutic work, and is therefore similarly open-ended and explorative, may also take years, and any approach may be suitable depending on the client.
Without wishing to denigrate these approaches in any way, these approaches do not set out with a specific behavioural goal to achieve in a limited time, which indeed may be one of their strengths. But that is why we are so different.
Let’s deal with the facts. Addiction is a behaviour.
The only goal-oriented and time-limited approach to counselling is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is a proven and effective method for treating addiction in independently verified medical trials, and recommended for use as the preferred counselling method in the National Health Service.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is not only more effective than placebos but more effective than any available medication.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is time limited because the research shows that effective treatment can be achieved in 10 – 12 weeks of therapy. This is why our programme is a twelve-week programme, this timing wasn’t plucked from the air, or for economic reasons! But this time-limited aspect should also give you more confidence because it means you have a clear goal in sight! And we are the only online counselling agency offering this right now.
The Addiction Help Agency website offers you a range of resources to support you but only after you click “Join Now”:
- Access to the Addiction Help Network for creating an anonymous profile, making friends and messaging peers privately who are also receiving one-on-one live counselling and completing their exercises, assignments and homework, so they know exactly what you’re going through rather than a random facebook group.
- Access to the Addiction Help Forum for posting questions and following topics and news from other members and moderated by one of our specialist counsellors.
- Access to the Addiction Help Learning Management System (LMS) which contains a range of resources for members only, including Self-Assessment Tests/Quizzes, exercises and assignments for use during your counselling session and for homework.
- Scheduling zoom appointments with your assigned counsellor. We want you to feel in control. You will be able to see your assigned counsellors schedule for the next four weeks to reserve the most convenient times for your sessions 9am – 9pm Mon-Sun every week.
- Plus research, newsfeeds and inspiring blogs/vlogs.
ALL FOR ONLY £50/Week including your One-on-one Live Online Counselling session!
Our twelve-week programme will help you achieve your goals, but we are not going to lie, you have to do the work. Your counsellor will help, guide and support you on your journey. You will not be alone. You will make friends with others on similar journeys. Some have even found it enjoyable. We know you can do it. Your journey starts when you have the courage to take the first step and click “Join Now!” How much worse does it have to get before you make the inevitable decision?
There is nothing magic about change, it is hard work. If clients do not act in their own behalf, nothing happens.”Gerard Egan Pd.D., The Skilled Helper