In this episode, Mark shares his personal story of recovery and how he was inspired to write “Holmes’s Complete Guide To Stop Drinking” and make a career change from education to helping people overcome alcohol use disorder.
Beyond Belief Sobriety Podcast
What we talked about
- The reason people start drinking alcohol.
- Society’s attitude toward alcohol.
- The connection between self-esteem and developing a dependence on alcohol.
- The reasons for drinking change as we pass through different phases of life.
- Consequences of drinking over time.
- Alcohol is a poison.
- The danger of losing inhibitions.
- Why willpower alone is not enough to stop drinking.
- How to determine if you have a problem with alcohol.
- Founding the Addiction Help Agency.
- Using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to stop drinking.